Medicines Optimisation Team
The Medicines Optimisation Team supports healthcare professionals across Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Berkshire West (BOB) to optimise medicines use and ensure the right treatment choices are made. The medicines optimisation teams work both across BOB and at place.
The aims of the Medicines Optimisation Team are:
- To promote safe, evidence based and cost-effective use of medicines
- To provide up-to-date information and guidance about medicines and treatments
- To support prescribers and patients to make the best use of medicines
- To reduce the risks of adverse effects and harm caused by medicines
- To develop local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the use of medicines and management of conditions
- To work collaboratively with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support medicines optimisation
For any medicines or prescribing related queries and communications for the Oxfordshire medicines team please email the team.
Oxfordshire Prescribing Formulary
Oxfordshire has a place based Medicines Formulary. Work is underway to align across BOB.