Medicines Optimisation Team
The Medicines Optimisation Team supports healthcare professionals across Oxfordshire to optimise medicines use and ensure the right treatment choices are made.
The aims of the Medicines Optimisation Team are:
- To promote safe, evidence based and cost-effective use of medicines
- To provide up-to-date information and guidance about medicines and treatments
- To support prescribers and patients to make the best use of medicines
- To reduce the risks of adverse effects and harm caused by medicines
- To develop local guidelines and care pathways to optimise the use of medicines and management of conditions
- To work collaboratively with local hospital trusts and other healthcare providers to support medicines optimisation
For any medicines or prescribing related queries and communications please email the team.
Oxfordshire Prescribing Formulary
Oxfordshire now has a new online Medicines Formulary. This replaces the ‘Oxfordshire Traffic Light Classification for Prescribing Responsibility’ document.